Introduction to Pre-Hospital Care Human Factors
Pre-Hospital Care Consultancy
Designed and delivered by the @phccinfo faculty in conjunction with one of the World leaders in Human Factors (Pro-Noctis) this one-day theory/practical course is designed for Front Line Pre-Hospital Care Providers at all levels.
The course looks at how Human Factors (HF) affect your working environment and how we can use systems and processes to counteract the negative influences of this and improve clinical outcomes at day to day complex cases such as resuscitation and multi system trauma.
- 9.00 General introductions, course overview, HSE
- 9.15 – 10.00 Clinical Scenario
- 10.00 - Coffee/Tea
- 10.15 – 11.00 What is HF?
- 11.00 – 12.00 Decision Making and Situational Awareness
- 12.00 – 12.45 Lunch
- 12.45 – 1.45 Cognitive Bias and Hierarchical Gradient
- 1.45 – 2.45 Effective Communication
- 2.45 – 3.00 Coffee/Tea
- 3.15 – 4.30 Clinical exercises
- 5.00 End of course review/feedback
Members of the College of Paramedics are entitled to a 10% discount on this course.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an external event organised by Pre-Hospital Care Consultancy. The College of Paramedics is not responsible for the content or quality of the course. Attendance is at the discretion of the organisers and not the College of Paramedics. To find out more information or if you have any questions please contact the organisers directly.
Non Members: £110
Start Date: 27th September 2019
Finish Date: 27th September 2019