Essentials of Pre-Hospital Ventilation
Pre-Hospital Care Consultancy
On our Airway courses we naturally venture into the parallel clinical science of Pre-Hospital ventilation and extensively cover the critical manual ventilation skills using the Bask Valve Mask device, plus given the limited time available we also cover only the general Principles of mechanical ventilator use.
Due to demand we have developed a ONE DAY programme to cover in more depth the use of Mechanical ventilators in the Pre-Hospital phase. Simple and Intermediate level transport Ventilators are a common fitment in UK Ambulances but utilisation is historically low due to a lack of initial and ongoing education in their clinical benefits and physical operation which this course aims to address.
Subjects covered include:
- A Rapid review of Airway devices suitable for Mechanical ventilation.
- Negative and Positive pressure Ventilation the Pro’s and Con’s.
- Ventilators Modes and Uses theory including PEEP.
- Gas or Electric driven and FIO2 settings.
- Gas usage/calculation and Run times.
- Ventilators Practical set up and Knobology. (Utilising multiple brands and models)
- CPAP and BiPAP Theory and Practical. (Utilising Multiple brands and models)
- ETCO2 Advanced knowledge- Closing the Loop.
- Ventilators Practicals including problem solving scenarios.
Suitable for ECA/EMTs looking to progress, Paramedics and all Health Care Professionals with an interest in Pre-Hospital Critical Care
Like all our courses it will be taught by a faculty with extensive experience of multiple ventilator types in the real world.
Non Members: £175
Start Date: 17th July 2019
Finish Date: 17th July 2019