The College of Paramedics is running a small grant scheme that aims to support members to carry out research studies.
A maximum of three studies will be funded to a maximum of £1,250 each. The money can be used to support any aspect of the study including, but not limited to:
- salary costs
- specific research equipment
- specific software, for example, for analysis
- support costs for lay/public involvement if these cannot be sourced elsewhere
The money cannot be used to pay for fees or travel costs incurred as part of a programme of study or conference attendance.
Applications for funding are invited from members of the College of Paramedics who are interested in enhancing their research activity. Applications can be from an individual person, or a team of people, but cannot be used towards part of a study that is already in receipt of funding from elsewhere.
Criteria for eligibility:
- The lead applicant must be a current full member of the College of Paramedics
- The applicant(s) must demonstrate that the study is relevant to the Paramedic profession
- The proposed project should be completed within 12 months
- The successful award holder(s) must agree to publish their main paper to include results/findings in the British Paramedic Journal before publishing elsewhere
- The researcher(s) must not be in receipt of any other funding associated with this study
- The College of Paramedics must be acknowledged in all publications and/or conference presentations as having contributed financially to the study
- Lead applicants cannot have held an award from the College’s Small Grants Scheme in the preceding 24 months.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact: Professor Julia Williams, Head of Research firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is September 20th 2020