We are recruiting a suitably qualified paramedic (Fixed Shift) for our Emergency Response Unit. Reporting to the on shift Emergency Response Unit Watch Manager and working as part of a team, the role will be responsible for delivering an effective emergency response to medical, fire and other emergencies on the Port, ensuring that the Emergency Medical Care and First Aid policies and procedures and other Emergency response unit procedures are adhered to at all times. The successful candidate will also help to ensure that the Company’s appliances and equipment are maintained and available at all times. They will need to undertake suitable training and drills as directed by the Watch Commander.
- Attend all emergency incident calls in an operational capacity, as directed by the Watch Commander and when necessary, take charge of such incidents until relieved by a senior person
- Remain compliant with applicable standing orders and instructions within the Emergency Response Unit relating to daily station routines, at all times, without direct supervision
- Carry out inspections, examinations and maintenance of all first aid and other equipment as directed and to work in conjunction with staff of the Occupational Health Centre in the provision of such equipment
- Take an active role in the delivery of the Company’s Clinical Governance committee.
- Undertake training and drills to ensure operational readiness
For full details, please refer to JD0155 v8
What we're looking for?
Suitable applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered with the HCPC as a Paramedic with no restrictions on practice ie clear registration with no fitness to practice concerns or hearings
- Be a minimum of 2 years post registration. For those recently graduated, have completed the Newly Qualified Paramedic Portfolio, including progression onto NHS Pay Band 6
- Have a clean Group C1 driving licence
- You must be prepared to attend and pass the Fire and Rescue Service Approved to Ride and Breathing Apparatus Training
- You must be comfortable and capable at working at height as part of a rescue team
It would be an advantage to:
- Have a clean LGV Group C licence entitlement
- Be a current, competent Local Authority Firefighter
- Current or very recent (left no more than 12 months ago) HART experience
The successful applicant will be on a fixed rota, covering 42 hours per week every week on a 24/7 basis, working 12 hour day and night shifts.
Hutchison Ports is committed to creating and developing an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified applicants and encourage discussion about flexible working opportunities. We offer a supportive, community environment and have recently been awarded Chartered status by Women In Maritime. We have our own Women’s Network, offer leadership, mentoring and role specific training.
to apply via the Port-al. The selection process may involve a competency based interview and psychometric assessment